National Education Association
In China, Confucius (551–479 BCE), of the State of Lu, was the country’s most influential ancient philosopher, whose educational outlook continues to influence the societies of China and neighbours like Korea, Japan, and Vietnam. Confucius gathered disciples and searched in vain for a ruler who would adopt his ideals for good governance, but his Analects were written down by followers and have continued to influence education in East Asia into the modern era. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources.
- All articles published by MDPI are made immediately available worldwide under an open access license.
- EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals.
- Over the past decade, major progress was made towards increasing access to education and school enrollment rates at all levels, particularly for girls.
- Closures of schools and other learning spaces have impacted 94 percent of the world’s student population, up to 99 percent in low and lower-middle income countries.
- Intuitive and actionable data for teachers, parents and school leaders.
The Programme for International Student Assessment and the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement objectively monitor …