Teaching, Homeschooling & Tutoring Toolkit
Research has found that education is the strongest determinant of individuals’ occupational status and chances of success in adult life. However, the correlation between family socioeconomic status and school success or failure appears to have increased worldwide. Long-term trends suggest that as societies industrialize and modernize, social class becomes increasingly important in determining educational outcomes and occupational attainment. There is no broad consensus as to what education’s chief aim or aims are or should be.
- Developing teacher knowledge, skills, and confidence in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics education is critical to supporting a culture of innovation and productivity across the population.
- The Agenda includes 17 Sustainable Development Goals , including SDG 4 on education.
- Teacher-centered definitions focus on the perspective and role of the teacher, for example, in the form of transmitting knowledge and skills while doing so in a morally appropriate manner.
- This can include activities such as learning new skills, creating a personal development plan , developing talents, creating human capital, developing spiritually, or improving self-knowledge.
- When schools close, parents are often asked to facilitate the learning of children at home and can struggle to perform this task.
Some 1,600 students had completed …