These courses could help you improve your wage outcomes and job prospects, and gain skills that employers value. Explore where the World Bank supports countries on both the financing and knowledge fronts. Research that measures the impact of education policies to improve education in low and middle income countries. The Human Capital Project is a global effort to accelerate more and better investments in people for greater equity and economic growth. Teachers are the single most important factor affecting how much students learn. Technology, migration, climate change and conflict are reshaping society, forcing people across the globe to adapt to unexpected changes in their lives and work.
- Indigenous education refers to the inclusion of indigenous knowledge, models, methods, and content within formal and non-formal educational systems.
- Evidence-based education is the use of well designed scientific studies to determine which education methods work best.
- A side effect of the process of formalization is that the educational experience becomes more abstract and more removed from daily life.
- Research has found that education is the strongest determinant of individuals’ occupational status and chances of success in adult life.
- Unlock special features and access to everything Education.com offers with a Premium membership.