The starting teacher must possess knowledge of art and how it pertains to other disciplines. The Art Education Program on the University of Maine is accredited via the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and leads to K-12 art teacher certification.
College of Education and Social Services
Typically the Art Education courses are small and geared towards particular person attention. This diploma program prepares college students to show art education for preschool via highschool.
- Every year there are a number of Information Sessions on site and online for potential college students.
- In 2015, we partnered with San Leandro High School to position two student teachers, Mary Lou Dorgalli and Catie Rice, in their lecture rooms.
- Both potential and current train science majors are eligible for scholarships via the College of Applied Studies.
- Much like aspiring teachers of any self-discipline, art education students could also be required to additionally accrue a certain variety of student teaching hours in local classrooms, even when enrolled in an internet program.
- Researchers wrote two completely different variations of the curriculum, matched for content and timing, both involving energetic learning, but one including arts education.
- For painting, we often got collectively as a category and ordered portray tubes in bulk.
AIE is one of the most versatile and self-directed graduate packages at HGSE. Apart from the one required seminar, you are given important freedom to design your own unique tutorial pathway based mostly on previous work expertise, artistic pursuits, and skilled goals. This interdisciplinary strategy prepares you to be an “education entrepreneur,” making new connections between the humanities and education at the classroom, college, and community ranges.
The Art Education program on the University of Toledo treats art education as a type of art that unites instructional theory & practice, broad studio expertise, and the ability to interact with arts history and criticism. Our graduates are prepared to teach visible arts in kindergarten-12 and to supervise art packages at these levels. Graduates may even have abilities related to work in museum (and other institutional) education programs.
Through theoretical and sensible examination of elementary and secondary colleges, and neighborhood-based studying settings, our program prepares students to achieve success candidates for K-12 art trainer licensure in the state of Wisconsin. The Art Education program helps undergraduate students with a severe interest in art and a want to share that curiosity with others, primarily in the K-12 academic setting.